Shhhh 6 Secrets to a Surprise Sixteenth Birthday Party!
Celebrating on her actual birthday! Happy sweet 16! Love the Lisa Frost Banner!
Rebecca is a summer baby, and that means birthday parties are hard to plan because everyone is traveling!
But turning 16 is a Big deal and a huge milestone. Rebecca was not expecting to celebrate until she got back from camp. This gave me the perfect opportunity to surprise her on Friday night before the big day!
1. Plan it quick! The more time to plan the more time for the honoree to find out or friends to slip up.
2. Keep it simple, party decorations were kept to a minimum! Balloons, table cloths and cute paper goods.
3. Have food catered. Traveling Pizza trailer on site and Cupcakes made to order and delivered
4. Contact a coulpe of key friends (by text) have them spread the word and report back
5. Plan a few games and activities, especially if kids are from different groups or schools. I had the Would You Rather game and just used the questions, also set up a photo station with props and supplied glow in the dark jewelry and silly string!
6. Theme the party, narrows choices and gives a cohesive look. I chose Neon and sun shades and asked the kids to dress accordingly.
I spotted this mobile Pizza oven at the local Farmer's Market! This gave me an idea, they could cater a party, a 16th birthday party, and they were available for Friday night! (plan B was to order Pizza) Cane d'oro made Pizza's to order and it was delicious! Thank you Tina!
Custom Cupcakes from Orchard Sweets and Cupcakes, all of Rebecca's favorite flavors. Balloons are a great choice for quick easy decorating!
Hanging an oversized frame from the tree, collecting big shades, boas, hats and photo booth accessories make for fun pictures! Grandmom even made it in the frame!
Playing games helped the group get to know each other. Having planned activities creates even more fun!
To keep the party a secret I kept party decorations to a minimum, no stress decorating is having a plan, keeping it simple, choose key areas and use big focal points,
Coton Colors Happy Everything Platter and Lisa Frost Happy Birthday Banner!
Share with us your party strategies and tips!
Happy Decorating Y'all