5 Simple Steps to a Santa and His List Wreath
Welcome to our design room! Duplicate this fun wreath for your front door!
It only takes 5 Simple Steps!
1. Choose a good quality wreath, shape and fluff by pulling out the greenery up, out and side to side.
Show Me Decorating Tip: How do you choose a good quality wreath? Turn the wreath over and make sure there is more than one wire ring as the base. Feel and bend the greenery sprigs to check the gauge of wire, the heavier wire will hold its shape. Also run your hand on the greenery, you want a bristle to it, this indicates a heavier ply of vinyl shredded to create the pine look. A thinner, softer ply will not have the resilience to bounce back from year to year.
We use a metal florist easel (also used to hold funeral sprays) with a piece of cardboard attached, to hold many of our wreaths and teardrops You could also hang on your door to work on with a metal wreath hanger or nail.
2. Add your bow! Wire onto the wreath. 2 yds of the 2.5" Black and white and 3" red ribbon were used in this bow and 1 yard of a narrow plaid ribbon was tied across the middle and curled.
Learn how to tie a bow! Show Me Decorating App
3. Add your main focal point. The metal Santa and his list is lightweight and easy to attach with wire.
4. Add Shatterproof balls, and wire on in a triangle pattern.
5. Finish off with 2 pigtail bows wired on. 1/4 yd ribbon of each ribbon is layered, gathered and wired in the middle, don't forget to cut the ends on an angle for a finished look!
Now are you on a naughty or nice list?
Comment for a chance to WIN a Santa and his List metal sign!
Happy Decorating y'all!